Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, July 2, 2012

WE'RE EXPECTING!


7/2/12
WE’RE EXPECTING!
I'll explain it in a minute!  Anyways not much time. Things went well this week. Met with a ton of people,26 lessons too! We met with this guy named Joe and man he was drunk out of his mind! It was sad but so funny! He freaked out (we were teaching him outside) and a butterfly flew by and he belted out every cuss word under the sun to show how scared he was of that butterfly haha! After a few more freak outs from him we decided it was best if we left, nothing was getting accomplished! This fourth of July is going to be super lame. Me and my greeny have to be at a meeting so there goes my day off!!!!!! Now for the title we were at a dinner appointment and there were 3 people in the house 2 elderly people and like a 30 something year old woman. We are sitting there eating and out of no where the 30 year old lady says we are expecting. I thought she was gonna say they are expecting company nope she proceeds to tell us her and the 74 year old man are married and they are expecting a child. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY, seriously. Well other than that set a few baptismal dates and that’s that. gotta run! Bye!

-Elder Dees

Elder N. Dees:  ummmm I don’t know – I’m good on clothing and stuff, money is always nice! but also some other fun stuff like party hats etc!

Email from Mom: 
BUSY WEEK….
Monday
7/2/12

Hi Son!

How are you and your comp.?  Is the training going well?  Tell us what your day is like.  What are your p-day plans for today? I have been fasting and praying for you.  I pray Heavenly Father will aide you in your missionary work and testimony.  As my son I want you to have many righteous successes and grow in the gospel but it will take willingness and obedience on your part.  You are a fine and capable young man.  I do love you.  

Seems we both had to give talks last week.  Twins.  hahaha

We had two baptisms this past Saturday.  They had asked John to play the piano, which he did, and he did a great job.  He had improved his talents while on his mission.  

Today is your dad's 50th Birthday.  I think he will go to his mom's since Sherry is still down.  John and Madison rode out to Pier Park w/Aunt Sherry this morning and maybe the beach this evening.  I asked them to be very careful as a 50+ man drowned last Fri/Sat during yellow flags and the person that tried to rescue was in the hospital.  It's important to heed warnings.  They are for our safety.  Whether it is physical, temporal or spiritual warnings, we have to listen.  

I am doing ok.  My day for mom's falls on the 4 of July so I'll be in Bristol for that.  What are your 4 of July plans?  Have any members invited you all to eat or are there some community events you all will attend?  PLEASE do not fall into the temptation to do fireworks.  I'm pretty sure it's against mission policies.  

Are you all getting feed?

I still did not send a pkg due to the fact that I don't know WHAT to send so I am open to specifics or do you prefer $$$ instead of the pkg expense?  PLEASE LET ME KNOW!  :)  How are you on socks?  shirts?  do you need shoes?  the shoes in last weeks pics looked shabby-but it wasn't a clear pic.  

Well, gotta go to an Election Mtg.  Seems we will be working the early voting next month to make some $$.  So many expenses.  

Write Madison and tell her to be sweet.  Sometimes she is not so.....  I hope you are being sweet and not “drama”.  :)

John's mission president went home last Friday---it was time for the new pres to arrive.  Poor mission pres have to go through so much---Please, Please, help President Cannon and don't be one that causes grief!  These are good men trying to serve in their callings and that is difficult enough w/out all kinds of DRAMA!!! 

Well-I'll close for now.  

Love ya lots.

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment