Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, July 23, 2012

KEEPIN' IT ON THE DL


7/23/12
Monday
KEEPIN' IT ON THE DL

Well we got transfer calls this Thursday, that is right, Thursday.   We got them a day early because on Thursday we also got word that the Boise Idaho Temple will be having its open house from October 13th - November 10th! So to celebrate President Cannon sent us out transfer calls a day early and it was pretty shocking what happened. I didn't know we were getting the calls that day until Elder Larson called me and said, "Dees! I'm coming to Payette with you this transfer!" I was so confused I told him to stop lying and wanted to see what he was really calling about and sure enough a voicemail came through and said Elder Dees you will be staying and Elder Larson will be coming from Meridian and you will be the District Leader O.o not what I was expecting. My companion Elder Stone wrote President and told him he was nervous about his Spanish so he left me )=. It was a shame but I'm glad he will get to go and practice his Spanish in Boise. So we spent some time going around letting him say bye to people and stuff and they were all saying "you two can't separate! your the best ones we have had for quite a while! It was sad but people are really glad that I'm staying so that's always a plus! 

But thankfully we had a baptism together and it was an amazing baptism.  It was a guy named Paul M. that we started teaching when I first got to the area and he finally had his baptism and he was so excited for it and has such an amazing testimony for 3 months. I think in the whole time he was investigating (3 months) he missed church twice because he was extremely ill one week and had a death in the family another but it was really awesome for him to be baptized and for Elder Stone to have a baptism his first transfer! On the topic of baptisms, the Elders in New Plymouth had a baptism that we attended on Friday night and it was awful. They made no programs, no pianist, didn't have their suit coats, and for a while they didn't know they had a member of the Bishopric present. It was a disaster. I was sitting with our Zone Leaders in the back and we were just laughing silently because they knew how bad it was and they were trying to improvise but they failed hardcore hahaha. But other than that we had a really great week. My knee has been giving me some issues though so in the morning when we go and run the track after about 3 laps its in serious pain and it has been for this entire transfer I'm starting to think it might be a side affect from the car accident so I may need to go get that looked at soonish. Also more cool news! We won the cleanest appartment award across 3 Zones! so it was pretty sweet, other than that not much to report on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment