Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, June 11, 2012

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!


This is Elder Dees' weekly email.  He seems to be doing fine.  In the email there is some missionary lingo he uses such as:  father, brother, uncle.  He said when a new missionary goes out into the field the missionary that trains them becomes their "dad".  So when Elder Dees' "dad" trains another new missionary then that missionary becomes Elder Dees' brother. etc, etc,.  These terms aren't used by the church it's just missionaries that make-up this stuff to have a little fun.  I was busy w/Young Women Girls Camp so I failed to send a formal email to Elder Dees.  If you feel to drop Elder Dees a letter here is his current address:  

ELDER NICHOLAS DEES
1106 1/2  2nd Ave S.
Payette, ID 83661   


EMAIL OF ELDER NICHOLAS DEES:


Monday, June 11, 2012 5:20:21 PM

It's A Boy!!!!!!!!

You guessed it I'm a proud father! This last Friday we got transfer calls and on the call it said that I would be training a brand new missionary this transfer! It will be a visa waiter ( meaning he will be waiting on his visa to go to another country). I was super shocked when I got the call because President Cannon said that I would be training and he had hinted to it before and it didn't happen so I didn't think it would but it did! I'll be in meetings all day for the next few days all on training my new missionary. Tomorrow we will spend about 3 hours street contacting people in downtown Boise. It will be interesting no doubt. Today for P-day we went back to Jump Time - that trampoline place in Meridian I went to my first P-day in the mission field and we had a ton of fun, didn't take to many pictures or videos though because we only stayed for an hour, last time we stayed 3 hours. This past week was very difficult though. My companion wasn't feeling good. He insisted staying home two days so we didn't get much accomplished this week due to that so it was a total bummer. Other than that I'll be here in this area for my birthday! The next transfer is July 23rd so its just right around the corner and I should be staying here next transfer as well. My trainer is also training again. So I get a brother and my greenie gets an uncle! I have been doing my family history (;.  Other than that though really nothing else to report on. Just been a slow week and I'll be able to email again on Thursday with my new missionary so I'll be on sometime then and also I'll be getting my implant on Thursday as well, FINALLY =D. Well that's all and also my 9 month mark is Thursday! So I guess it does take nine months to have a kid (;   

Elder Dees

No comments:

Post a Comment