Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, June 18, 2012

GET A HAIRCUT

Mon.
6/18/12

Hi Elder Dees,

How are you doing?  How is the training coming along?  I'm proud you have the trust of your Mission President to "train" a new elder.  Please uphold that trust and be a fine example of the missionary program.  I especially enjoyed the picture of you and Elder Stone and President and Sister Cannon.  Hopefully you have made it to get a haircut---a bit long for a missionary LOL. 

So, now that you have a new companion how are the teaching appts working out?  We need to give our Elders some referrals but I just don't know who---then after the RS lesson yesterday I should share it/the gospel, with everyone I know.  It is our duty and obligation to let others know that the gospel has been restored.  That we have a living prophet right among us, President Thomas S. Monson, and there are covenants that are to be made and lived by in this life time.  The Atonement is effective if we do all we can to live the teachings of Jesus Christ.  It is not just enough to "accept" him but we must live as he did and taught.  Our actions and thoughts must be inline w/our Savior, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father, God.  I've got a lot to do!  How about you?  I'll try today to strengthen my actions in doing those things we should be doing such as repenting, forgiving, living righteously, serving my fellowman, reading the scriptures, praying, fasting, and going to my church meetingS especially to partake of the sacrament---worthily.  See, so much to do!!!  :) 

We were going to go to Leslie's for a get together on Sunday evening.  Melissa and kids (Tyler coming later next week) and Mark and Savannah and kids are down.   It was great to see them.  Mark and Savannah may settle this way. (PC area)  Yipee Yah!!!!  Anyway, as I was saying, we were going to Leslie's so we were going to try to leave church right after the meetings but I stuck around talking and then as I was leaving I was called back in by Brother Cope.  I was hoping I was getting a calling of Assistant Librarian--but he just said, "no, there is a line for that"  LOLOLOL!  He just wanted to ask me to give a talk on this upcoming Sunday, on Repentance.  Of course your dad and John said, "how fitting".  I gotta get to writing my talk.  Any suggestions?  

Saturday was Tropical Smoothie Flip Flop Day.  The buzz of the blenders was SSOOO LLLOOOUUUDDDDD!!!  How could you stand that !  :)  There was a lengthy line but it went fast.  They were working hard!  I know you were a hard worker too.

Cleans are pretty much Friday and Saturdays for this summer.  Everytime I go to clean I think---"I gotta get a different job"!  We fuss and fight because, well that's just what we do---cleans or no cleans.  I hate it.

Madison completed camp.  She said she had a good time.  I didn't get anything accomplished around the house.  All I ever hear is, "I'm hungry" so I have to stop and cook or go get something.

Son, I have you on my mind  and prayers constantly.  I pray you are developing your testimony.  Search out those things you don't understand.  Pray and seek guidance in all good forms.  President Cannon will assist you if you will go to him.  Use Heavenly Father's servants to assist you and you be a good servant for your Heavenly Father.  

I love you. I pray for your success.  Allow your will to be in line w/ God's will.

Love, Your mother

Gretchen

ps:  I sent a pkg last Thursday.  Did you get it Sat.?  If not it will be today.  The cookies are best the day they are baked so by time they get to you they may not be as good.  The random papers in your pkg were from the Post Office indoor trash~~~~LOL.  The pkg contents were shaking around so I needed some space filler to keep the items stationary.  You know me--trash lady!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment