Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, June 4, 2012

DIFFERENT WEATHER HERE HUH?

If people from here don't stop asking me that, I just wanna say shut up! you know it's different don't ask obvious questions! Whew now that that's off my chest time for this weeks recap. Week went very well had 21 lessons even with a good amount canceling and my companion making us miss quite a few. So last P-day we just played some volleyball and that's really about it.  Anyways work here in Payette is going good.  We set another Baptism Date with a guy we are teaching named Nick, what a great name! And today for P-Day we are going to a local museum here pretty soon so that should be fun! Other than that this week should go by fast.  We have a busy night tonight and tons of appointments scheduled for the rest of the week so it should go by pretty fast hopefully.  We get transfer calls this Friday night, never been more excited for them in my entire life! I'm pretty sure I might be staying but I know my greeny area is getting shotgunned because one Elder has to go home for medical reasons and the other Elder has been there 6 months now and I think that President will move him so maybe I'll get to go back! (= doesn't hurt to dream right? Well that's all i have for now until next week and next transfer!

-Elder Nick Dees

Elder Dees:  Sure a package would be nice! Some more homemade cookies would be awesome.   But other than that I'm still alive so that is always good! Have a good week!

Email from Mom:
Dear Elder Nicholas Dees:
I don't know how your week went but this week flew by for me!  How was yours?  You had mentioned that you all had some teaching appts.  How did those go?  I would love to sit in on one of your lessons.  I'm sure you can do a great job in explaining the gospel topics.  Always invite the spirit and make everyone comfortable with the principals you teach.  Often we are the ones that learn a lot too.  Hence, our testimony grows when we study something in order to teach it.  Many times I have heard the saying, "You can't teach that which you don't know".  It's true.  Anyway I hope you are having great success in sharing the message of Jesus Christ, our Savior.  I love my Savior however I need to show that love by the things I do and don't do.  John is at the piano playing, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me..would I do the things I do...."   It's a wonderful Primary song.  Do you all do presentations sometimes in Primary?  Primary children love the missionaries so don't brush them off.  They really look up to the missionaries.  Be a positive influence for them.


We have the missionaries over for supper tomorrow.  John has been wanting to make the Cafe' Rio meal so he invited them and hopes to get up w/Michael and Allison and see if they would like to come. 


We have been busy w/lots of cleans.  From this point on it should be mostly Saturdays during these Summer months.  I'm about tired of them but will keep it up for the next year and 3 months while you are serving!!!!  It makes it easier to do knowing the cleans help to support you on your mission.  :)  Then watch out--I'm quitting  heehee.


We have been trying to clean the garage.  SO MUCH JUNK!!!!  It's all been in the living room till last night we finally stuffed in back in the garage because Aunt Glynis and Sydney were coming over for Seminary Graduation and they were bring Grandma Gentry to sit w/me.  We had a nice visit and John talked her into making some hoecake for us.  It was yummy.  w/tupelo honey!!!!  Grandma and your Grandpa and Ma Dees always ask how you are doing.  I'm thrilled to tell them you are doing good and searching out what Heavenly Father wants you to do.  I pray (and always fast) that that is still the case.....for a lifetime.


I understand Mark and Savannah and boys are here at Cindy's and he'll be looking for a job or setting up a business.  It will be nice to have him and family "home".  I hope things will work out.


I was going to write and haven't yet.  Do you need anything?  A pkg?  and what do you want in the pkg?


How are you and your companion?  Be kind and patient.  Be a good person. 


I'll close for now.  Gotta go do some errands but John will have his phone so send your letter to his email as well.


I love you so much.  My heart is so full knowing you are trying to serve w/honor.  Many other guys serve....but it's really wonderful when you serve...w/honor.   No regrets.


Love, your mom.


Gretchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment