Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, February 6, 2012

LUKE, DRINK YOUR BLUE MILK

Mon.
2/6/12  11:39 AM
Heard from our boys/Elders today.  Things are good.  Thanks for your prayers and support and letters.  It's been a while since I've included their mailing addresses for those who want to drop a note so see below.

ELDER JOHN DEES
10 B N REIPER
DEER PARK, WA  99006


ELDER NICHOLAS DEES
12537 CHICKEN DINNER RD
CALDWELL, ID  83607

Email from Elder Nicholas Dees:

LUKE, DRINK YOUR BLUE MILK

Staying here in Marsing and Homedale again! 6 month area! Everything is already going great.  The other (third) companion got sent to Jerome so now it is just back to me and my bro Elder Valk. Things are already looking promising this transfer. We got about 8 referrals yesterday when people found out Valk and I were staying together.  I can't believe that at the end of this transfer I will have been out 6 months! It honestly feels like home there at the Russell’s house. Joe L. took us out to eat at Golden Coral to celebrate me staying again and he said we will be going out again at the end of this next transfer! That’s all that’s new here!


Email conversation between Elder Nicholas Dees and mom:
Mom:  Hi son,
Loved your email.  I guess you are working hard.  I'm sorry the other Elder was difficult. Make sure you don't be a comp like that.  I'd sure love pictures of you and Elder Valk and well just pictures in general.  Still haven't received a jump drive w/pics. ........  still waiting :)
Wow that is wonderful that you all have 8 new referrals.  Our missionaries here would luv that!!!
When you can, write me more of what you do, and the feelings you feel to be a missionary.  HOWEVER I am thrilled you seem to love your mission and that your are sharing the gospel so that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
Is there anything you need?  I'll be sending the pkg this week w/tie rack.
People always ask how you boys are doing.  I'm thrilled to get to say,  WONDERFUL!!!!
I love you,
Oh the dims on the car have quit working   Any suggestions?
Love, Mom

Elder N Dees:  the low beams? On the car get Michael to look at them and check all the connections.  Are you sure you didn't just fail to flip the switch all the way?  If you can't figure it out, pull the bumper off and put on the old headlights (:

Mom:  Well , your dad said he is discussing the low beam situation w/you so I won't continue w/that. 
I worked at the election polls last Tuesday.  Worked by a guy and after small conversation he asked me if I was Mormon.  I said yes.  He said he was Mormon too. He joined when he was 25.   He just hasn't been active about 40 yrs. He was married in the Wash DC Temple. Been to all the church history sites.  At some point has divorced and has since remarried someone else.  But interestingly enough he still says he is Mormon in his heart.  Who knows, maybe he'll return one day.  He mentioned to me that it is so great that I have two boys out on missions.  So thanks for serving and do it worthily.  
Still--is there anything you need me to send?  I was going to send something “Valentiney”.
Please answer these questions!
I think about you and pray for you many times a day.
How is your tooth coming along?  What is the next step?
Are you good w/staying in that area again?
Love, mom

Elder N Dees:  Yeah me and dad are discussing low beams siteeeeation.  For V-day package how about money, ties (funny and Serious) and tie racks (: I’ll be mailing a package home with stuff including memory card here pretty soon so don't worry. My title is referring to a tv show that in an episode made fun of star wars when Luke drinks this blue drink, they jokingly call it blue milk haha

Mom:  oh great--I'll look forward to the pkg.  :)
Are ya'll dealing w/snow?  Be so careful.
The weather here is so beautiful.
You should write a letter to the ward.

Elder N Dees:  yeah we have had some snow, this one member wants to take me and Elder Valk sledding in McCall.
Also the first time I drove in snow I slid through about 5 stop signs because I wasn’t used to it haha

Mom:  oh honey---not haha---you have to RESPECT the dangerous ice and snow.  It is not a movie or play thing!!!  Nicholas, Elder Dees, please be careful.  please.
The sledding can be fun but make sure you do not do it around trees or other items.  Things can go bad real quick.  

Elder N Dees:  I know it was on back roads I was practicing and getting the feel for it before I went out on the real roads and it would be her family (husband, son and her) that’s where Ill be burning my tie at 6 months.  They are such a tight family! Also I have 2 other elders from my mtc district here with me so we will burn them together!

Mom:  oh, aren't ya'll discouraged from burning ties, shirts, etc.?
If you like that "tight" family then see what makes it work and commit to be like that so you can have a wonderful family.  It can really happen.  I so long for that.  It can happen as you see w/that family!
I love you.

Elder N Dees:  This one lady is annoying me so gotta go.  She is crazy and she is here every Monday!!!!!!!! AGGGGGHHHHHH


No comments:

Post a Comment