Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, November 28, 2011

TIMES A TICKING

Hi Family and Friends:
I heard from my missionaries yesterday.  So proud to report they are well and happy and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'll post their addresses just to keep you updated.  

Elder Nicholas Dees
12537 Chicken Dinner Road
Caldwell, Idaho   83607
(Elder Nicholas Dees'  mormon.org profile link)  http://mormon.org/me/7MQS/NickDees/  
(Elder John Dees'  mormon.org profile link)  http://mormon.org/me/693T/   

EMAIL FROM ELDER NICHOLAS DEES:

Times A Ticking

Monday, November 28, 2011 12:42:25 PM
From: "Nicholas Dees" <nicholas.dees@myldsmail.net>

***********************

Elder Nicholas Dees:  Man its been nearly three months already I’ll be home soon :p. Not really. Well we had a good Thanksgiving week. We stayed really busy and met most of our monthly goals! We ate lunch with a family in Marsing and then with an investigator in Homedale and it turns out we ate with the same family in a way. The investigator in Homedale is married to a member and her parents got a divorce and they helped the mom out so the family in Marsing doesn’t talk to them at all. I felt like I was betraying people.  Both meals were awesome though. We got dropped by an investigator but it’s all good. Other than that 4 baptismal dates set and one baptism maybe this weekend! Also thanks for the yeast rolls! I felt right at home! (:

Mom:  Hi son!
So glad to hear from you. So glad you got the yeast rolls.  Were they ok?, because I had to practically take them out of the oven and run to the post office while they were cooling and then pack and close them up while they were still a bit warm.
Sounds good about the investigators and potential baptisms. So glad to hear you had two great Thanksgivings even with the unusual situation.  That would have been a bit awkward.  Answer me about the 4gb or 8gb and did you get your sweater? Would you like another one?  What color if yes?  
Don't get off till I know you are getting off and have time to respond, ok  :) 

Elder N. Dees:  Don’t worry about the card for the GPS.  I got some on black Friday.  I sent our Bishop to get me a memory card on black Friday because he was going shopping, so he already bought me one and I've paid him back, and thanks, and yeah got the sweater, a little small though ): .  Also can I get some daytime pictures of the car and pictures from Thanksgiving of all the family?

Mom:  Do you remember the size of the sweater?  I can look for another one.
Yes on the pics - I'll try to get them to you soon.

Elder N Dees:  It was a medium.  
Also wanna send me some p day shirts? I’m mailing some of them back with other items.  

Mom:  I will look for you another sweater.  What color was that one?  Are you freezing?  Do you need blankets?

Elder N Dees:  No I’m not freezing, it feels good out here.  Send me those shirts I want from home! (: The red one with the baseball bats on it, the green one with dinosaurs, the gray one that says, “attack, attack” and that will be enough.

Mom:  ok, I'll get them off to ya soon.  What are you doing for p-day today?

Elder N Dees:  bowling I think - gotta go now, bye
Mom:  bye,  I love you --- love, mom

Mon.
11/28/11

EMAIL FROM Mom:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS - because they are here among us!

I’m anxious to hear how the missionary work is going in that part(s) of the vineyard.  How are your investigators (Chris, Leslie, and the 18 yr old) coming along?  Nicholas, how are your many investigators progressing?  I still would love to see pictures of the one(s) you baptized.  And pictures of you and your comp. as well. 

How was Thanksgiving Dinner for you two? 
We had ours at Gentryville.  Gwynn and Gyll each held their own but all others attended at mom’s.  Uncle Gary’s fried Turkey was devoured –it was so delish!  Plenty, plenty of food.  Keri and I took photo’s.  I haven’t tried to upload my photo’s yet but I saw some of Keri’s on Gina’s computer and they looked nice.  I’ll try to send each of you some family photos soon.      
I need to get this email off to you all. 

Live your testimony.  
Are you all getting meals/feed?
Be good.

I love you both and I am so proud of you both.  Be good missionaries. please.
Love,  
Your mother, who is trying to do better.   Mom

For Elder Nicholas Dees:

Did you ever get a santa hat?  I’m anxious to see what kind of Christmas Card you come up with. :)

Did you ever get your sweater?  It should have arrived by now.  If so, is it what you were hoping for?  Do you want another one and if so what color?  I’m not sure what color we even sent.  Was it grey or black?

I saw Hanna in the mall.  She was down for the holidays.  She said that you and Ben and the sister (?) write back and forth.  Please send only uplifting letters. 

Still no SD card from you---hummm.  You had mentioned that you needed a 4gb Micro sd card for your GPS. There was a 8gb Micro SD card on sale at Target but the guy said you may have asked for the 4gb because of a compatibility issue.  Do you know if the 8gb would have worked?  I didn’t get it—but should have because I could have taken it back and now the sale is off. However I’m sure when I have time to look around I can find another one on sale although the guy said not to get the brand PKY or whatever that brand is that Best Buy sales.  He said he isn’t impressed w/that brand.  Let me know which size gb you want or need.

Love, Mom
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment