Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, January 9, 2012

PUT THAT SMUT DOWN!

Elder Nicholas Dees (w/the white socks :) )  Elder Dees baptized the young lady next to him.

Email of Elder Nicholas Dees:
1/9/12
Put That Smut Down!
Haha my cool companion was reading a book called Mormon Doctrine which is all about deep doctrine and Brother Russel came into our room and jokingly, but sounded serious, yelled that at him then started cracking up! Well our baptisms went well.  These were the children that belong to the first lady I baptized, I was going to baptize them both but the mom felt bad because my companion  had never baptized anyone. But oh well, our teaching pool is growing very fast in some wards and one is still struggling but they are trying. We went and worked with a recent convert who works for one of our bishops picking up and hauling bull calves and it was so much fun.  I had one that charged me and knocked me down and kept running and I finally got that stupid thing (:< . Then Jeremy (the recent convert) tried to push me into a big hay pile that was full of crap but I didn’t fall in.   I was glad but then revenge came by pure luck.  He was tagging a cow and I was picking up the baby bull and I said “Hey Jeremy, do I take this one”, he said “yeah”, so I picked it up and he looked up at me and as soon as I picked it up it let a huge one rip right in his face HAHAHAHAHA.  I dropped the poor cow laughing so hard and he did too so it was awesome.  I  forgot to take my camera though for pictures ): . But I’ll be going again soon! Also I have been exercising a ton because that same member I skyped at during Christmas has a really nice home gym so I run on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes and lift weights, etc. I feel strong! :D Well that’s really all that was interesting this week, be sure to go to goodwill, thrift shops, etc. and find cool, unique and funny ties.   Here is the Chick-Fil-A tie I found at a thrift store!


Mom:  Hi son.  I enjoyed your email---well other than the info that the calf knock you down.  PLEASE be careful Nicholas.  You aren't invincible.  You sure look great in your baptismal clothes.  So did the comp baptize both children?  I'm glad you are teaching and bringing the gospel to people!  
You don't wear the chick-fil-a tie do you?  I bet you feel strong getting to do actual exercises.  You are such a strong young man anyway!  
How are you doing w/comps?

Elder N Dees:  I baptized the girl.  I only wear the chick-fil-a tie to district meetings. It’s a tradition to wear funny/goofy ties but I take a nice tie to change into after. Me and my companion are still having issues with the other one.  He might be moved out of our area.   I have tried being nice.
Mom:  Be kind.
Good to know you aren't breaking the rules and wearing the chick-fil-a tie out.  Since you can wear them to district mtg’s I'll look for some ties.  I guess that's ok? or is that just your interpretation of the rules?
Do you email Pres each week as well?
Can you believe you have been out almost 4 months?
Do you need anything?
I can't believe you go to goodwills, etc?  You’ve changed? LOL
What to do w/this bumper?  Mom

Elder N Dees:  Just chunk the bumper.  Yeah I’m poor now so I’m scrimping! haha but yes find me some cool funny ties! And yeah I can’t believe it’s been almost 4 months!

Mom:  By poor what do you mean?   Do you need some money for food?

Elder N Dees:  haha - I’m not wasting money, it’s just that I’m limited so I use my resources.   I’m fine mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment