Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, December 12, 2011

MAKING WEAPONS?

Hi everyone,
Here is the email from Elder Nicholas Dees.  He too is doing well.  I don't know if his mission will have transfers next week or the week after Christmas---he failed to mention when it would occur.  I will post both his mission address and current one.  Also, I attached some pics.  :)

Current Address:
Elder Nicholas Dees
12537 Chicken Dinner Road
Caldwell, Idaho 83607

Mission Address:
IDAHO BOISE MISSION
1111 S. Cole Road
Boise, IDAHO 83709



Subject: Christmas Card of Elder Nicholas Dees!- 
 ******  comments of family and friends  ********
Hilarious!  - Uncle Matt
Fantastic!!!!!! :)  -  Leslie R
love the Christmas Card :)  -  Aunt Gina
That is so cute. That made me day. Thanks for sharing. - Deborah G.
very cute and clever!  -  Cathy K
Love it! gwynn
 

Blacksmith Dees--making a knife out of a railroad spike.

Still working and shaping.

Still working...........souvenir!

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM
MAKING WEAPONS?

Elder Nicholas Dees’ email:

Been very busy this week, have three baptisms coming up this week too on the 15th and 1 on the 17th. Been visiting a ton of people, I was really sick on Tuesday (24 hour flu) so I slept most of the day. I went on exchanges with another elder in my district named Elder Bell. He was the one I caught the bat with one time. Something really cool we are doing is our ward mission leader takes old rusty railroad spikes and hammers them out and makes knives out of them. So he is helping us make our own! (= Call me blacksmith Dees! Other than that not much to report. Not been getting any mail recently either, lazy bums (;.

Email Conversation:
Mom:  Hi son,
I do apologize that I've been slow on the mail.  I keep the stamped envelopes up at the church so maybe you'll get some mail soon.   
I'm so proud to hear that you all have been busy.
So sorry to hear you were sick.  I'm sorry you had to suffer that.  Yucky stuff.  Glad you are better.
I LOVED the BLACKSMITH pics.  Be so careful.  It's
hot stuff!  Glad to see you tucked your tie in.
Elder N Dees:  I got a letter from Emily, she drew me a picture haha
Mom: I love your Christmas card?  Are you sending one to Grandma Gentry?  Dees?  I understand Michael got one w/a gun or something like that. ???
Elder N Dees:  yup sure did, I made a bunch of different ones, I have one for most of the family and stuff.
Mom:  Any other pics to attach and send?
Do you get John's emails?  Do you write/email Ryan?  
Elder N Dees:  no, but I need to write Ryan
Elder N Dees:  yes my flipper is out and yes we can skype on Christmas, what time is good for you guys? I want Michael and Brennan over to talk to them and Chris if he is in town.
Mom:  Michael and Brennan and Chris are fine to come over.  Be sweet.  You've always been the one that is sweet and forgiving.  That's been one of your finer qualities.  I love you Nicholas.  I pray so much for you.  We all do.  We are sure proud of you.  Many people ask about you all the time.
Do you need anything else?



Email from Mom:
Mon. - 12/12/11

Hi to my missionary sons,

It was a great week for us because we received letters from both of you!  Thanks!  Sorry that I haven't written or sent the promised items you both requested.  I'm trying. 

I think both of you had baptisms that were to take place this past weekend.  How did that go? 

We had our Ward Christmas Party and it was nice.  The pictures are from that event. Brother (Bishop) Voyles was Santa.  Someone had to tell me who Santa was.  I couldn't figure it out.

Elder Logan Cornelius arrived home on Friday.  He looks great.  He's seems happy and more outgoing. 

I hope you boys found something Christmasy to decorate your appt.  

Are you all cold?  Do either of you need a blanket(s)?  Coat? Gloves? warm socks--get those out there.  

Not sure what all to say--gotta go.

Keep the rules,……and commandments. 

I love you both.

Mom

To Elder Nicholas Dees:

We loved the Christmas card!  Thanks for your efforts in getting that out.  I understand you have another version of a Christmas card as well.  Send us that version too.  (make sure any are appropriate Elder Dees).   As for the shirts for p-day you requested I will send the "Red, A day to Remember" and the "Green, We came as Romans", however the grey Attack, Attack and I'll send the white "Y" shirt. Would you like one of the Hollister t-shirts?

In your Christmas pic w/ the chicken is your "flipper" out?  You've never sent the pic of your mouth. And, still waiting on the card so we can print pics.

How is the companionship going?

Did you say if we will get to skype for Christmas?

To Elder John Dees:

How are you? Have you all received recent snow so you could get a Christmas pic for a card?  



No comments:

Post a Comment