Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, April 16, 2012

POPULATION - 14



EMAIL OF ELDER NICHOLAS DEES

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Elder Nicholas Dees:  So last P-day I didn't email because I was out and about in Jarbidge, NV- population 14. We rode with some elders from Filer because its their area and we went hiking all day so that’s why I didn’t get to email. And I can’t send pictures today because I left my cord in their car =( oh well. Well other than that we had zone conference and stayed really busy this week. Don’t know what else there is to talk about, well I did hit 7 months this past Saturday! Wahoooooo! And I got the package finally thanks! I really like the Tommy Hilfiger tie you sent!
Dad:  Nicholas
Good to hear from you. What are the bandages on your hands in the photos from conference?
How are you managing you money, okay I hope. 
It's been crazy here, busy is an understatement. Work keeps me busy and then Seminary, which I love.  Grandma and Grandpa Dees asked to say hi from them. They will send a letter, I think that's what they told me yesterday. 
Anything else going on?  Melissa and Tyler were here last week. They left yesterday. She wants to see you. But, remember they are not in your stake. Don't waste time playing with family, you'll get an emergency transfer out of that area. 
Mom:  Hi son,
I just got Internet access.  I'll send the big email.
How are you doing?
Elder Nicholas Dees:  pretty good,
Mom:  ok, but son you don't need to be doing all this shopping for material stuff.  Definitely do not rip off any missionary selling your old stuff.  Just lay low on your wheeling and dealing on a mission please.
You should have stuff to talk about, you are a missionary.  Surely you could enlighten us on people you come in contact with, if you ever feel the strong presence of the spirit, you know, things like that.
Do you cover Melissa's ward?  Uncle Glades?  Who's?  Is Uncle Glade out of your area????   
Was the Tommy Hilfiger the new tie?
What are some of your goals this week?  
I love you.
Love, Mom.
ps, any suggestions as to what to do for John when he returns home?
Elder Nicholas Dees:  No we are outside of his area, he is Declo, we are Paul.  Yeah the Tommy was the new one, no more blue ties though - I have so many! And put John’s lazy butt to work when he gets home.  He thinks he is going to be able to use my tv and stuff, idk about that since he wouldn’t let me use his bike.
Mom:  hey, I saw Rachel Davis a few days ago.....she keeps looking in her mailbox----hoping to hear from ya. Write her when you have time.  Use your time properly as a missionary.
Elder Nicholas Dees:  I never got a reply from her? so I have written back. 


EMAIL SENT BY MOM:  
Mon.
4/16/12

Hi Elder Dees’-John and Nicholas,

Another week has flown by. 

We had a beautiful Sabbath day / Sacrament meeting yesterday.  Great talks.  A returned missionary from the Chipley Ward spoke of the Savior and the Atonement.  He has a firm testimony of the Plan of Salvation.  Wonderful spirit felt throughout the meetings. 

After church I ran on up to mom’s as it was my rotation day.  Glynis was there helping mom out.  We got things straightened around and had a nice supper and Charles had stopped in on an assignment as their home teacher to invite them to their ward conference coming up in 2 weeks.  He is a good home teacher.  Wade Gause had stopped in as well so we all sat around the kitchen table talking and enjoying the company.  We then rode over to see the garden and turkeys Charles is raising.  Neat.  Grandma said she is very proud of you boys.  We were counting up how many of her children and grandchildren have/or are serving missions.  We came up with a total of 18 and hopefully more to serve.  I’m glad you two can be counted in that group.

Do you two get Elder Maxwell’s (Bennett’s) emails?  He is doing so good.  He loves his mission!  At present he is still in Colorado Springs, waiting on his visa for the Mexico mission.

Gina said Elder Snyder is doing good.  He loves where he is in California. Oh, Aunt Gina, Uncle Matt and Keri will be in Paris when you get home John. 

We have so much to do at the house but we seem to be involved w/cleans, cleans, and more cleans.  We had to “fire” Madison last Saturday due to her smacky mouth and not doing some of the tasks correctly.  Pretty sad.  Hahaha.  Poor thing has FCAT today and tomorrow.  We barely got to school in time.  I bet you two don’t miss that hahahaha.

John, I spoke to Jordan yesterday.  He mentioned that if you want to room together that that may work.  He really likes where he stays and said you will definitely want your own room.  He said usually everyone has diff. class times and schedules so to have your own room makes it nice.  I guess we should be receiving your bike today.  We are out at a clean right now but hopefully will be home in time when they bring it by.

Nicholas, did you get your pkg yesterday w/ties and tie holders?  If not it will probably arrive today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment