Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz

Elder Dees w/Mission President-Pres. Cannon and his wife and Elder Dees first companion-Elder Kurtz
Elder Dees w/President and Sister Cannon and first trainer / companion, Elder Kurtz

Monday, March 19, 2012

MOAR PICTURES!





MOAR PICTURES!
Recent baptism!

Elder Dees - Me on Saint Pattys Day

-crazy tie and suspenders.  
 Elder Nicholas Dees-in suspenders and wacky tie---only wears that to District meetings---not out in PUBLIC :) 





6 MONTH MARK!!!!!!  Tie Burning! 

Sister Leslie and family

Joe L. and his family and his/our friend, Timmy

Elder Dees, the Vassar's and a coveted pillow case!

The people I lived with - "The Russells"



Email of Elder Nicholas Dees: 

To Mountain Home! Scared You! I got transferred today.  I’m now serving in Mountain Home 2 with Elder Bernard. AKA The Nard Dog. He is an interesting fellow. So I saw President Cannon today at the mission office and he pulled me aside and said that Elder X. will be living in the same apartment as me this transfer.  He moved me out in the middle of NOWHERE?!?!?!? so keep me in your prayers.  Other than that, I went and said my goodbyes to people and it was pretty tough.  I got to know some awesome people there but apparently I’m needed here. My new mailing address is:

Elder Nicholas Dees
1252 C. Highway 51
Mountain Home, ID 83647 

so be sure to start writing me! And yes tell dad I would like those tie hangers and any nice looking ties he has.  I have more funny ties than serious almost! Attached are the pictures of the people I lived with "The Russells", and then Sister Leslie and her family and Joe L. and his family and his/our friend Timmy.  The people with me and the pillow case are the Vassars. They are a family that houses missionaries from Elder Valks old area and she ONLY makes pillowcases for missionaries that live there but we became friends and she surprised me with one.  I’m the only elder to get one that hasn’t served there (=  .

Mom:  Hi son,

You look good.  Where were your scouting skills.  You lit fire around a lot of brush.  Use your Eagle Scout knowledge and be safe next time.  Certaintly should not have that flammable can right next to fire!!!!  aaarrrhhh..  

Well, are you staying on Chicken Dinner or going?  John is staying put for his last transfer so write him sometime.

Still no dim lights-it's driving me crazy.
oh, I need names of all the Elders and the others in the baptism picture please.  

ok.....<3 mom

Mom again:  so you got sent out to the "nowhere zone" or I thought you said it's for missionaries that well, cause problems.???? Are you????  Be sweet and just teach honey.  focus.  
So you will still have to have dental work?  aarrrhhh.  
I'll send the tie hangers.  Anything else?

Dad:  Elder Nicholas Dees,

Fear not, I didn't expect that you would be coming home.  Ha! 

I am mailing you a letter this week.  I was inspired to write you and your brother and have the letter almost completed.  Look for it in a few days.

Spring Break is crazy, people everywhere, traffic is a nightmare.  Oh well, they spend money to help our economy.  Too bad they are such a pain to deal with.  I have noticed more families on the beach.  In fact, I have several families checking in over the new few weeks.  This is the first year I've not had to deal with any Spring Breakers staying in any unit.  That is a blessing.  Although, the few I've had weren't really bad.  A bit messy, but no destruction.  Heck, I've seen adults leave places in worse condition.  Still, I'd rather have families in the units.

You'll have to tell me about your new area.  I hope you enjoy it.  And, yes President Cannon is well aware of your tooth and is going to work around it.  You be sure to work around it as well.  Serve the people and the Lord.  That's your focus.

More in a bit.  Dad

Dad:  Elder Nicholas Dees,

I like all of the pictures except the tie burning.  What are you doing with an aerosol can next to fire?  Don't you remember fire safety from Scouts???  That's how people get severe burns and end up scarred for life.  Don't play with fire, duh!

Suspenders, ha-ha.  You look like an uber prep!

Nice pillowcase, now you can dream cars...

The people look like they appreciate you.  I hope you are leaving them with a good impression and your testimony. 

Anything new going on, besides transfers?  Dad

Email to Elder Nicholas Dees:  

Hi son, been waiting on you to get on.  You must be getting transferred and doing so last minute things.  Take pics. of the people you rented from.  Tell them I loved the “horseshoe” buggy, horses and bull and that he is really talented!
Here is John's letter.  His last transfer!!!!!  He will stay in Deer Park w/the same comp for the last transfer!  
I'll be watching to see if you get on the computer.  We are still cleaning.  Mom

  
EMAIL to the boys From MOM:
3/19/12

Hi Elders John and Nicholas Dees!

How are you all today?
I'm guessing you both got transfer information for us today.  I think you two are on the same rotation now.?.  So.....staying or going?  IF GOING I WANT A CURRENT ADDRESS!  

I've been thinking a lot of you guys and all missionaries throughout the lands.  Many people pray earnestly for your well being and opportunities to share the gospel and bring light and eternal happiness in the lives of others.  I too need to internalize this light.  Often we still need to reenergize our well being so that we have something to share.  Keep yourselves clean and spotless of the worldly ways.  Language, thoughts, and actions all have to be kept in check in order to progress.  When we do that our spirit is better able to identify good and truth and anything less than that becomes offensive to our spirit.  That’s where we need to be on a daily basis.

We had a young return missionary speak in our ward, well he is from our ward as well.  He gave an excellent account of his mission teaching opportunities.  He's message touched my heart.  I want to do better in opening my mouth and sharing what I know.  Like you said in your last email John, we just need to be simple and invite people to hear the message.  I'll keep trying.

I saw neighbors, J. and S.  J. knew your time to come home should be soon.  He asked what exactly do missionaries do so I got to speak for a while about the church and missionary life.  I didn't think of it but should have told him he could do a search onmormon.org and find out anything he would like to know. BUT NO....I didn't.  Missed opportunity!

We had the missionaries over last Wed.  We had Seabreeze ribs.  They were good.  They come to eat again this Thursday.  They do good to make sure the calendar gets filled. LOL  We really have some good missionaries here right now but that is short lived.  Elder Buchanan (just out 5 months) will be going to Tally 1st and to work in the office and Elder Wright (out one transfer--we were his first area) will stay here and train a new Elder.  He's like WHAT.  But he has a wonderful testimony and will do really well.  I told Elder Buchanan to get Aunt Gina and Uncle Matt to take care of him.  Today is Ryan's (Elder Snyder) birthday.  Did I send him anything....NNNOOOOO.  I'm a slacker.

Madison is back to seminary and school today.  Spring break is over for her.  She didn't get to really do anything!  She did go spend the night with some of those beach branch girls on Friday.  Madison is still a bit sassy.  

Nicholas, Are you being a good missionary and reading your white handbook and striving to follow the rules.  Please do.  Your dad cleaned out his closet and had some tie hangers.  Do you want me to send those two to you?  You sound like you are collecting a lot of ties.  :)  How is your tooth?  Are you through with your antibiotics and pain meds?  you should be by now.  Don't be a slacker.  Get to work.  Did you get your SD cards?  Do you need me to send you anything?

John, Our Elder Wright that is here asked if you knew an Elder Molyneauz who is in the Spokane Mission?  Not sure if he said how long he had been out.  Just a shot in the dark.  I will try to get up w/ Jordan and see what he recommends as far as apts in Rexburg.  Are you wanting me to book anything or let you do that when you get home?  If that is where you have decided to go and then you and Merinda and Jordan can go to and from to Uncle Glades and Melissa's.  Is there anything you need me to send you?

I best get to cleaning but will watch for you two to get on email.

I love you both!  I'm so proud of you both!  Make your Heavenly Father proud too!

Love, Mom

COMMENTS OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS:  

*First Marsing and then Mountain Home.  He sure is going to learn patience and perseverance.  It is mostly an air force base out in the desert. -  Brother S. Roedel

*He needs to learn some patience and perseverance but seems he got his way and had an emergency transfer and to all places, Hayden, 6 miles from where my brother/family lives.  Seems they spent conference with them because my brother Glade just called and said so.  Hope Pres. moves him if this becomes a distraction.  Anyway, glad you are home safe and back w/your family.  Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment